My name is Kaaliyah (Kay or Layah) Owen. I'm 14 years old. I have recently been blessed with a beautiful baby girl who I have named Zoey after my mum. I live in the care system and am currently placed with a foster family in Great Yarmouth. I'm really loving it as were right on the beach. I've found them to be the most supportive ever as I had a hard time when my mum died as my dad turned to drink. I recently also lost my dad but I know that me and Zoey are going to have a good life where we are now.Me and my daughters dad Joey have a really on and off relationship which I know we now need to sort out not only for Zoey but also for Joey's 3 year old daughter Aaliyah. I can't wait to experience life as a mummy to a little girl and Step-mummy. Also a kid who now knows what it's like to live in a family where I'm loved and looked after and I don't have to do the looking after.
Blogging helps me to express the words I can't to other people which makes it less stressful on me.Which is always good.

~All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Diary Post #5 - A Mummy At Last

Hey all,
Well as you saw from my previous post I came into hospital last night after my waters broke. I was so scared last night they kept doing these internal checks where basically they stick fingers up your bits and see if your cervix is thinning out and dilating. Mine wasn't. Even this morning when they checked and all through this afternoon.

The best way to describe the pain for me is like period cramps but on steroids and it hurt so much and even went into my back. It wasn't like I had a few and they went away. Oh no. They continued and continued and I was given pain relief that hardly even helped the pain let alone stop it. I slept a little when dad was here. He was being a dad it was nice. I felt like the teenager I'm supposed to be. The staff just think he's working it's what I told them. 

I ended up having a C-Section because my labour wasn't progressing and she was becoming distressed. I met with the surgeon who agreed we had no time to wait for my dad and they got me ready for surgery. I was so scared I was going to have my baby. I was finally going to become a mummy. I was going to have this little girl who is going to be completely dependant on me.

My little girl entered the world at 16:16

No comments:

Post a Comment