My name is Kaaliyah (Kay or Layah) Owen. I'm 14 years old. I have recently been blessed with a beautiful baby girl who I have named Zoey after my mum. I live in the care system and am currently placed with a foster family in Great Yarmouth. I'm really loving it as were right on the beach. I've found them to be the most supportive ever as I had a hard time when my mum died as my dad turned to drink. I recently also lost my dad but I know that me and Zoey are going to have a good life where we are now.Me and my daughters dad Joey have a really on and off relationship which I know we now need to sort out not only for Zoey but also for Joey's 3 year old daughter Aaliyah. I can't wait to experience life as a mummy to a little girl and Step-mummy. Also a kid who now knows what it's like to live in a family where I'm loved and looked after and I don't have to do the looking after.
Blogging helps me to express the words I can't to other people which makes it less stressful on me.Which is always good.

~All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Saturday 20 July 2013

#16 - Girl On The Move

So Thursday night I ended up in hospital with a stress Migraine/headache.. It was caused due to all the fighting my foster parents were doing. I ended up in my bedroom all day not eating or drinking with the TV on loud.

I ended up so ill and when my social worker found out she wasn't best pleased. I was discharged from the hospital the same evening and on Friday morning round came my social worker to tell me I was being moved to a new family. This foster placement was in Devon.. I was really glad to be out of there. I was getting so stressed and Zoey wasn't settling well so we got all packed up and about 1 pm we hit the road to head down to Devon. The family I'm going to stay with live in Torquay. Not far from the beach again.. I love it. I loved the idea of being in a family where I wouldn't have arguments.

 The place I'm staying is a Parent & Baby placement. I'm staying with a family of 7. My foster mum is called Sam and my foster dad is called Adam. They have 5 children. There ages range from 24 - 2. Robert is 24 and lives with his fiancee who is due a baby. Jade is 22 and is away at university but has her own flat close to her parents. Alex is 20 and travelling the world. The other two are younger than me. There's Georgie who is 9 and Courtney who is 2. They live in a 5 bed home close to the coast and beach. This is supposed to be a long term foster placement for me but we will see.

I arrived here at almost 8 pm.
I will blog again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment