My name is Kaaliyah (Kay or Layah) Owen. I'm 14 years old. I have recently been blessed with a beautiful baby girl who I have named Zoey after my mum. I live in the care system and am currently placed with a foster family in Great Yarmouth. I'm really loving it as were right on the beach. I've found them to be the most supportive ever as I had a hard time when my mum died as my dad turned to drink. I recently also lost my dad but I know that me and Zoey are going to have a good life where we are now.Me and my daughters dad Joey have a really on and off relationship which I know we now need to sort out not only for Zoey but also for Joey's 3 year old daughter Aaliyah. I can't wait to experience life as a mummy to a little girl and Step-mummy. Also a kid who now knows what it's like to live in a family where I'm loved and looked after and I don't have to do the looking after.
Blogging helps me to express the words I can't to other people which makes it less stressful on me.Which is always good.

~All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Sunday 21 July 2013

#17 - Settling In

I feel so much better in this place than I did the other place. Zoey is more settled and so am I.. I popped out today to meet this lad called Alex and I seemed to want to keep in contact with people because they aren't controlling. Alex and I went back to the house and we've been chilling.

I instantly feel happier here. I can relax and know that if I need help I just need to ask but if I don't I'm left to get on with it and that's what I wanted all along. I want to be the sole carer for my daughter so she isn't confused over who her mummy is. I love it. I can relax as long as I clean up after myself and Zoey.

It's going to sound shocking my next statement as no teenager likes the rules that are put in place for them but I do. Yes you heard right I love these rules. I get to do what I like within reason as long as it isn't silly or harmful to me or Zoey. I get to take her out if I want to and as long as I keep in touch there ok with it and as it isn't late either. I'm being helped with getting Zoey into a routine. It's really nice to have help and that be the end of it unless I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment